Bathroom Vanities require great worth of money. So, maintenance and cleaning of it are important to make them last for a long period of time. However, bathroom vanity is made to resist harsh conditions such as heat and humidity in the bathroom. To keep the vanity at their best, proper maintenance and cleaning are a must. As cleaning a bathroom vanities is not much strain.
The countertops, faucets, sinks, and vanity cabinets are used in the vanity. So, it is important to keep them clean by using the following tips and methods of routine cleaning. As cleaning of bathroom vanities is not only hygienic but also preserves them for a long time.
List of Tips To Maintain And Clean The Bathroom Vanities:
1. Maintenance of Countertops
2. Maintenance of Faucets
3. Maintenance of Sinks
4. Maintenance of Vanity Cabinets
5. Cleaning of Bathroom Vanities
Maintenance of Countertops:
As bathroom vanities, countertops are in use all the time. But the maintenance of the countertops depends on the material used. So, proper maintenance and cleaning are done according to the material of the countertops. Such as;
Marble countertops are more sensitive than any other stone countertops. So, they require maintenance and sealing every 3-6 months. As marble is more porous in nature so daily maintenance and cleaning need mild soaps and detergents or marble-specific cleaners.
- Therefore, use more diluted detergents to remove stains.
- Anything that causes stains to keep away from countertops. Quickly wipe off the spills.
- Usually, marble polishers are used to remove stains and scratches.
- This, therefore, makes the countertops look shiny and smooth. Don’t forget to reseal the countertops after polishing.
Epoxy resins countertops are famous for their high durability. They are also heat and waterproof. They are more resistant to chemical spills which make them the top choice for bathroom vanity countertops. However, harsh chemicals should not be used on them.
- A non-abrasive cleaner is a top choice for regular cleaning of epoxy resins countertops.
- Use a soft cloth or towel to wipe off spills.
- Steam can help in removing stains.
- Murphy Oil can also be used for keeping the shine of resin countertops.
So, Quartz countertops are a fine choice for bathroom vanity. As they require less maintenance because of their non-porous nature. Therefore, they don’t require regular sealing. They are very resistant to molds, mildew, bacteria, and fungus.
- For regular cleaning soft cloth dipped in mild-warm water is used for daily swiping of countertops.
- Wipes off spills as soon as possible to prevent stains and discoloration.
- Isopropyl- alcohol cleaner is used on a wet cloth to wipe spills.
- Avoid putting hot items directly on the quartz countertop as they can burn or damage the counter.
Maintenance Of Faucets:
Faucets and water levers are of many materials and finishes. So, microfiber cloth is used to dry the faucets and make them shine.
- Usually, milder soap and water are used to clean the faucets. Water and soap stains look bad on the metallic faucets. They also dimmed the shine of faucets.
- So, Oil-rubbed Bronze Finish is used to wipe off the water, soap, and finger stains from the metallic faucets therefore, the shine and life of faucets are retained for a long time.
Maintenance Of Sinks:
As Sinks are the most important part of bathroom vanity and kitchen cabinets. So, they require proper maintenance to make them look clean. Usually, bathroom sinks are easiest to clean and maintain. But the cleaning methods rely on the material of sinks. Such as;
So, Porcelain sinks are the most commonly used sinks in our Bathroom Vanity. Porcelain material contains enamel, iron coating, and 100% porcelain. Porcelain is non-porous which makes the sinks more durable and mold and bacteria resistant. Although scratches, stains, and chips do occur.
Porcelain Sinks Care:
- Cleaning the Porcelain sinks with a soft cloth or sponge with a mild cleaner diluted in water. Rinse it off with water and dry it with a soft material.
- Avoid hitting heavy or sharp objects in the sink to avoid chipping and scratches.
- Don’t use abrasive cleaners such as Acids and harsh scrubbing material in your porcelain sinks.
- So, few drops of Hydrogen Peroxide are used to remove stains and discoloration in the porcelain sinks.
- White Vinegar is also used to treat stains. So, first set a layer of paper towel on the stain site then spray some white vinegar. Let them settle for 30 minutes. Then, simply swipe the paper off. Finally, the sink will be stain-free.
Stone sinks are usually more unique and require lots of care. Like other bathroom vanity items, stone sinks also require daily cleaning to make them look neat and shiny. Mild detergent, water, and a soft cloth/sponge are used.
- Stone sinks should be dry with a soft cloth after use to avoid water stains.
- Don’t pour any edible or any chemical in stone sinks such as juices, hair dyes, etc.
- Stone sinks can also be damaged by pouring sodium salts.
- Proper sealing helps in preventing bacteria and unwanted fluids from pouring inside.
Maintenance of Vanity Cabinets:
Bathroom vanity cabinets come in many styles, colors, and materials. Therefore, the style and outlook of bathroom vanities depend on vanity cabinets too. Like other Bathroom vanity items, vanity cabinets don’t require daily cleaning. A weekly dusting and wipe-down will make them look fine. Such as;
Wooden Vanity Cabinets:
So, Wood vanity cabinets give a very nice and classy touch to the bathroom. But they also need great care.
- There is no need to use all-purpose cleaners.
- Mild warm water and gentle soaps are enough for daily cleaning. Wipe them off with a soft cloth or sponge and then use a dry cloth.
- Don’t use a lot of water as wood can absorb it and make the cabinets swollen.
- Vinegar and water are used as a cleaner for wooden vanity cabinets by using a soft cloth and then dried with a dry cloth.
- A paste of Baking Soda and Water is used to remove stains from the bathroom vanity. Gently apply it with a soft-bristled brush and leave it for 20 minutes before gently wiping it off. Finally, wipe off the paste with clean damp clothes.
Rules of Cleaning Bathroom Vanities:
The cleaning and maintenance of bathroom vanity consist of few common rules. So, your bathroom vanity looks nice, clean, stained and spots-free. Such as;
- Keep a Non-abrasive, Non-acidic, and gentle soap or detergent-like mild liquid detergents for dishwashers in your bathroom vanity cabinets all the time.
- Don’t use harsh scrubbing material such as steel wool or scouring pads.
- Always use soft sponges and cloths for cleaning, scrubbing and wiping, and drying.
- Quickly wipe off any water, chemical, food or oil spills off the bathroom vanity. So, they will remain free from any spots, scratches, or chipping.
So, you can keep your Bathroom vanities new and shiny by following the above-mentioned tips and cleaning methods. As bathroom vanity is the most important part of a bathroom. Every item of the bathroom vanity requires care by different tips and methods. So, regular cleaning and care will make them last longer as well. Maintenance of bathroom vanity is also important from a hygienic aspect. Many tips give great help in cleaning the sinks, faucets, countertops, and vanity cabinets.