You’ve probably seen those eye-catching window displays with wall graphics that seem to wrap around the glass. This is just one application of wall graphics. They can inject excitement and intrigue into your storefront and can be customized to fit any theme or style. Applying these graphics to glass is not as difficult as you may think. Below is a walkthrough on creating a custom window display with wall graphics:
Step 1: Decide on a Theme
Your graphic design can be anything from simple logos to elaborate scenes or even collages. It could be a seasonal theme, like Christmas or Valentine’s Day, or it could tie in with your brand or product.
Once you know how your graphic should look, you can start thinking about how to display it best. If you’re going for a more classic look, adhere the graphic to the wall behind your window display. If you’d like to do something different, you can incorporate a backlit panel to draw attention to the window display.
Step 2: Choose the Right Materials
For wall graphics, vinyl comes highly recommended. There is a vinyl made explicitly for window graphics and has a very low-tack adhesive. This means it can stick to the glass and can be easily removed later. Vinyl window graphics are generally durable and easy to install, making them ideal for window displays.
Step 3: Pick the Right Spot
The next step is to pick the right spot for your graphics. You want to make sure the stickers are placed in an area that will make the most impact. This could create a focal point, make a statement, or add interest to an otherwise bland window display. Look at your shop’s layout and see where you have the most traffic.
The spot you pick should be visible from the street. This can help attract attention to your business. It also gives potential customers a sneak peek of what you offer. Once you decide on placement, you can start exploring design options.
Step 4: Get Creative with Your Design
Window displays can have a variety of design choices, from glow-in-the-dark graphics to holographic designs. Factors that guide your design choices include:
- Purpose of the graphic. Are you looking to highlight your products and services or add a pop of color to an otherwise neutral space?
- The overall aesthetic of your space. Do you want something playful and fun or sleek and modern?
- Your preference and style
- Budget vs. cost
Window graphics are a great way to add personality to your store and make it stand out from the competition. This is the opportune moment to experiment with different colors, textures, and patterns.
A professional graphic design and printing company can help you bring your vision to life. They can make specialty wall materials cut into custom shapes and lettered in high-grade solvent inks for exquisite detail.
Once you have your design, print it out on vinyl adhesive material and cut out the design. It’s best to work with a supplier that offers cutting services for a professional finish.
Step 5: Install the Wall Graphics
Once you’ve chosen a spot, it’s time to prep the surface of your window display. Below is a step-by-step guide on how to go about it:
- Begin by measuring the height and width of the space.
- Add an extra inch to each measurement (for bleed). This allows you to trim the graphics to the exact area size.
- Clean the display surface with mild soap and water, then dry thoroughly. Light sanding with fine grit helps remove any fingerprints or dirt that may have been left behind.
- Remove the backing from the adhesive vinyl and apply the sticker to your window. Start at the top and work your way down, using a squeegee to smooth out any air bubbles or wrinkles.
- Once the graphic is in place, trim any excess vinyl. And that’s it.
Get Custom Wall Graphics for Your Window Display
There you have it — a step-by-step guide on customizing your window display with wall graphics. Custom window graphics are a great option if you’re looking for a way to make your business stand out. They’re easy to apply and significantly add to any marketing strategy. With the right wall graphics supplier, you can create a stunning window display that will turn heads.