You might find on your computer the software named ‘ESN Sonar’ and you might ask yourself what is the purpose of this software? What is hidden behind it? So today, we will talk about ESN Sonar and whether it is safe or you should uninstall it.
What is ESN Sonar?
ESN Sonar is a software application developed by ESN Social software AB. This software is generated to connect to the internet and adds a windows firewall exception which enables users to connect without interference. The prime program executable file is sonarhost.exe.
ESN sonar is a battlefield game add-on which acts as a voice chatting module. This allows the voice services and player to speak with one another while playing the game. ESN sonar is a VOIP service that permits for an extremely flawless and low latency audio transfer to the game. Its most exemplary uses are battle log and Battlefield.
ESN Sonar API
ESN Sonar API is a shareware audio and multimedia software. This was designed by ESN AB. It is basically used for the voice service, usually in Battleground 3 and Battleground 4. However, if you are looking for an IN-game VOIP, then XboxLive’s party is an ideal option. It is specially used when a commander is present, and the player needs to accord orders to the teammates while also being able to speak directly with them.
Key features of ESN Sonar
Here is a list of some key features of ESN Sonar:
- The ESN Sonar is a plug-in for internet telephony. It is basically used in EA’s battlelog. (Battlelog is a kind of social platform which enables you to exchange and network with your friends and strangers. Voice chat is available option for communication)
- As long as you use the voice chat in the Battlelog, the ESR Sonar will be installed on your computer. The Sonarhost.exe process will run on your computer.
- To use the voice chat in Battlelog, the ESN Sonar is utterly necessary. However, if you don’t use the voice chat function, you can remove this plugin without worrying about it.
ESN Sonar Error Messages
Some ESN sonar common error messages that appear are:
- ‘SonarHost.exe application error’
- SonarHost.ese failed’
- ‘Error starting program: SonarHost.exe’
- ‘SonarHost.exe not found’
- ‘SonarHost.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience’
- ‘Faulting Application Path: SonarHost.exe’
- ‘SonarHost.exe is not a valid Win32 application’
- ‘SonarHost.exe is not running’
If you ever find any of these error messages, you need to fix them for the programs correlated with them to perform smoothly.
What is SonarHost.exe?
SonarHost.exe is an executable exe file that comes along with the ESN Sonar API. It was developed by ESN Social Software Ab Developers. The extension .exe specifies that SonarHost is an executable file. Do you know malwares and viruses are also transmitted through exe files. Therefore, you must ensure whether the executable file is safe or not before running it on your computer.
Read Also: Extraordinary Benefits of a Free VPN
Let’s discuss whether the SonarHost.exe file is a virus or malware? Is it safe to run on your computer or should it be deleted? So, read attentively to avoid virus attacks.
Is the SonarHost.exe File Safe to Run? Is it a Virus or Malware?
To check if the exe file is legal, you can start the task manager. Then you need to click on the columns field and add a verified signer as one of the columns. The next step is to checkout the signer value for SonarHost.exe process. If it shows ‘unable to verify’ then it may be a virus and you should uninstall it immediately.
Location of SonarHost.exe
The location of this file is:
Location: C:\Program Files\Battlelog\Web Plugins\Sonar
How to Uninstall ESN Sonar( SonarHost.exe)
Method 1 (For window 10 users)
- Navigate to the start menu and click on the settings option.
- Then, select the system setting option.
- Select the apps and features option.
- After that, choose an application which you want to uninstall.
- Now, click on the uninstall button.
- Finally, you can confirm it and the uninstallation process is done.
Method 2 (For window 8 users)
- First, move your mouse to the bottom-right corner of the screen in order to turn on the side menu.
- Then, click on settings, control panel and uninstall ESN sonar program respectively.
- After that, search for the program that is available on the list of installed programs and highlight it.
- Then, click on the Uninstall option present at the top of the screen to start the uninstallation process.
- Next, follow all the instructions to complete the uninstallation process.
- After that, restart your computer following the removal.
Method 3(for window 7 users)
- Click the windows button that is present at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Then, navigate to the control panel and open it.
- Select the Uninstall ESN Sonar program
- After that, click on the uninstall option available at the top of the screen.
- Follow all the instructions to complete the uninstallation process.
- Then, restart your computer following the removal.
Method 4 (via system restore)
- First you are required to turn off all the opened programs and files.
- Then, right click on the desktop and select the properties option. A system window will appear on the screen.
- Click on the system protection present at the left side of your system window. After tapping on it, you can see the system window on the screen.
- The next step is to click on the system restore and a system restore window will appear on the screen.
- Click on the ‘Choose a different restore point’ option and hit the next option.
- After this, you need to select a date and time from the given list and click on the next option. ( You need to keep in mind that after selecting the date and time, all the drivers and programs might not work appropriately, as a result you may need to install the file again)
- Then, click on the finish option when the ‘confirm your restore point’ window appears on the screen.
- Finally, click on the yes option for confirmation.
Hopefully, all your doubts related to ESN Sonar and its executable file might be clear to a greater extent. For more such technical information and interesting updates, stay tuned.